Looking for a fun & fruity shot that’s easy to make? Try the melon ball shot, named after the flavor it gets from Midori melon liqueur.
If you’re in search of a crowd-pleasing shot that’s both delicious and visually stunning, this melon ball shot is just what you need! It’s the perfect way to add some color and flavor to your night.
The neon green shot packs a punch of sweet and tangy flavors that will leave you and your guests wanting more. And with just three simple ingredients, it is easy enough for even a beginner bartender to make!
- Midori – This is a melon flavored liqueur from Japan. Do not substitute.
- Vodka – Any brand of vodka will do. Since we’re mixing this up with other strong flavors, no need to bust out the expensive stuff.
- Pineapple Juice – Bottled, canned, or fresh pineapple juice all work in this recipe.
Like most shots and cocktails, there are a few variations to this recipe.
- Flavored Vodka – Using a citrus flavored vodka can make this extra delicious. Orange is my favorite, lemon is good too.
- OJ – Some bartenders use orange juice in place of the pineapple juice. Not my preference, but it is common.
How To Make
- Add all the ingredients to a cocktail shaker along with a few ice cubes. Shake until combined.
- Pour into a shot glass and serve.
- Use a melon baller and a fancy toothpick to create a simple garnish.
- No cocktail shaker? Use a mason jar or even a tumbler with a lid.
- If you’re not using a shaker, chill all the ingredients and your shot glasses ahead of time. Cold shots are smoother and have better flavor.
This post contains affiliate links (when you buy we make a little money at no cost to you). See our disclosure for more information.
1 oz Midori
1 oz Vodka
1 oz Pineapple Juice
Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker with a few cubes of ice. Shake vigorously for about 15 seconds until combined.
Pour into two shot glasses and enjoy!