A modern twist on the classic Italian Soda, this version replaces the club soda with a Red Bull energy drink.
Have you seen the trending drink that makes Italian soda with a Red Bull twist?
I’ve been seeing videos of them on TikTok and I was so intrigued! I found out that they are most popular up in the Pacific Northwest, where little drive-thru drink shacks serve them up for people looking to get through their day with a little something other than coffee.
Since we already have a lot of flavored syrups on hand to use in drinks and desserts, I thought I’d give one a try and I immediately fell in love!
They taste even better than the Italian Sodas I used to get as a treat when I was a kid. They’ve become my new afternoon pick-me-up drink and maybe occasionally my pre-game drink…
- Red Bull – You can use Red Bull or another energy drink of your choice. I do not recommend using sugar-free because it causes the cream to curdle.
- Half & Half – You could substitute heavy whipping cream or whole milk, if you have those on-hand.
- Flavored Syrup – You’ll need a flavored syrup of your choice, or a combination of multiple ones. We like Torani syrups. See the list in the post below for different flavor combination ideas.
- Ice – This drink is best served really cold, so you’ll want ice. Any ice works, but pebble ice made with the Opal is my favorite.
This post contains affiliate links (when you buy we make a little money at no cost to you). See our disclosure for more information.
How To Make
- Fill your cup with ice.
- Add flavored syrup(s).
- Pour Red Bull.
- Top with cream.
Italian Red Bull Soda Flavors
The amount of different flavors you can make is only limited by your imagination. We keep a variety of flavored syrups on hand, so we have found many delicious flavor combinations.
My personal favorite is blue raspberry and coconut. When those flavors mix with the Red Bull the result is a creamy drink that tastes like a Sweet Tart!
Here are our favorite Red Bull Italian soda flavors:
- Orange Creamsicle – Orange, Vanilla
- Route 44 – Cherry, Lime
- Sweet Tart – Blue Raspberry & Coconut
- Berries & Cream – Blackberry, Raspberry, Strawberry
- Summer S’more – Peach, Toasted Marshmallow
- Hawaii 5-0 – Banana, Orange, Pineapple
- Watermelon Sugar – Watermelon, lime
- Peaches & Cream – Peach, Vanilla
- Tigers Blood – Strawberry, watermelon, coconut
- Strawberry Shortcake – Strawberry, vanilla
- Caramel Apple – Green Apple, Caramel
- Don’t want it creamy? Simply leave the half and half out. It’ll will be less of an Italian soda and more of a flavor infused Red Bull.
- The easiest way to stir this drink is to make it in a glass with a lid, then place the lid on securely and gently swirl to combine all the layers. (Like you would an iced latte from Starbucks.) If that’s not an option, use a bar spoon to gently stir together in your cup.
More Red Bull DrinksPrint
Red Bull Italian Soda
An Italian Soda made with Red Bull instead of club soda.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Drink
- Cuisine: American
1 Can Red Bull
2 Tablespoons Flavored Syrup (adjust to your taste)
1/4 Cup Half & Half
Fill your cup to the top with ice (I use a 24 oz cup).
Add the amount of flavored syrup you’d like (I like about 2 tablespoons.)
Pour the can of Red Bull over the top.
Place lid on your drink and carefully swirl to combine.
Drink and enjoy!
I was skeptical about this but had to give it a try. The result was shockingly delicious! I used a raspberry syrup because I already had it.
Getting ready to try some of these. They look amazing. I have a question about the amount of syrup. You say you like 2 tbs. If you are doing multiple flavors would you use 2 tbs of each or approx 2 tbs between the 2 -3? Thank you!
Jessica Pinney says
Kind of like coffee, everyone will have their own idea of how much syrup is okay. I personally wouldn’t do more than 3 tablespoons max, as I think the drink is way too sweet at the point.
So if mixing several flavors, I would use a smaller amount of each. You will also find that some of these syrups have a much stronger taste than others and you may want to use less of those in combination with a less potent flavor.
Hope you enjoy them!
Thank you for your quick response!
Hi there! I’m actually from the pnw, and I basically live off these drinks (mimosas are what we call them). When I order my drink, they literally do two pumps of the syrup for mine. I get pineapple, coconut and then top it with orange juice. Oh that’s also an option, cream/oj/lemonade as “toppers”.
Stephanie Diddens says
Can you use sugar free syrups? Or just no sugar free anything? Looks delicious can’t wait to try them!
Yes you can! You can also use the sugar free red bull. 🙂
Jennifer Owings says
You can’t use sugar-free if you don’t want your half-and-half to curdle
I live in Seattle……..and red bull spritzer is everything. I love them and they are very popular. And this is great recipe to make at home. They’re so sooooo good
Caitlin Embry says
Love this recipe ! I used vanilla and it tasted like the ice cream of an orange creamsicle 😫
They are 10x better blended frozen! If diabetic you can use sugar free red bull and sugar free flavor.
So I tried this with sugar free syrups and it curdled each time. I have an issue with curdled liquids and thus it was rendered undrinkable for me. However, when using the ones stamped “dairy friendly” they do not curdle. Any tip on how to get them to not curdle or am I to just use the dairy friendly ones forever?
Also, I’m from the lower part of Washington state and can confirm they offer these drinks at every stand here. 😊
If you use sugar free redbull or sugar free syrups (or both) it will curdle with the cream no matter what. It’s just a reaction between the dairy and the sugar free chemicals. If you don’t want it to curdle you would have to stop using the sugar free syrups and just use the regular, or just not use cream at all. I have always used the sugar free versions but I like it with cream a lot more so I caved and use the regular versions. Up to you!
I live in North Dakota, and it’s my favorite drink to get at my local coffee shop when i’m not feeling coffee in the morning lol i just came on here to see what kinda flavors go good together so i can order a new one right now 😂 thank you for the suggestions! My favorites the Berries & Cream 🙂
I’m Idaho we call them bull blasters and I live off of them 😹 I like blue raspberry the best and you can also add boba to them!!!