This three ingredient shot is reminiscent of an oatmeal cookie. If you love Fireball, this shot recipe is for you!
I was looking for new recipes to make with Fireball when I remembered a delicious shot I had at a bar years ago – the oatmeal cookie shot.
It’s a dessert shot, which you know I love! Thankfully it only takes three ingredients to make and I had all of them on hand.
While it doesn’t taste exactly like an oatmeal cookie, it really does have a similar flavor profile.
The Fireball obviously brings cinnamon, while butterscotch schnapps and Irish cream work together to mimic a rich cookie taste.
- Cinnamon Whisky – I recommend Fireball, but feel free to substitute your favorite.
- Irish Cream – Bailey’s is my go-to, but another Irish cream could work as well.
- Butterscotch Schnapps – Use “buttershots” or any butterscotch schnapps.
How to make
- Add all the ingredients to a cocktail shaker with a few cubes of ice. Shake about 15 seconds until well combined.
- Strain into a shot glass.
- This shot tastes extra delicious and smooth when served cold. Be sure to shake with ice and you can even chill the alcohol bottles beforehand.
- If you have extra Fireball after making these, be sure to try a Fireball and Dr. Pepper. It’s so much better than a Jack & coke!
- Want a cocktail instead of a shot? Pour the contents of the shaker over a lowball glass with ice instead of into two shot glasses.
Like most shots, the Oatmeal cookie shot has a few different variations. So if you order it out at a bar, you might be served up something slightly different.
Common variations include adding a splash of Jagermeister or Goldschlagger, using cinnamon schnapps instead of Fireball, or adding Kahlua.Print
1 oz Fireball
1 oz Bailey’s Irish Cream
1 oz Butterscotch Schnapps
Add the Fireball, Irish cream, and butterscotch schnapps to a cocktail shaker along with a few cubes of ice.
Shake about 15 seconds until the ingredients are well combined.
Strain into two shot glasses.
Cheers & enjoy responsibly!