A layered shot that tastes like Snickers! Three liqueurs come together to recreate the flavors of the classic candy bar.
If you’re a fan of dessert cocktails and shooters, you’re going to want to try this ASAP!
It’s a layered shot that has all the flavors of a Snicker’s candy bar – chocolate, nuts, and creamy nougat. While it doesn’t taste exactly like the famous candy bar, it is certainly reminiscent of it.
It’s perfect to have with dessert or as a nightcap. I like to serve it at Halloween parties, along with caramel apple shots.
- Baileys – Irish cream brings the creaminess of nougat to this shot.
- Frangelico– This hazelnut liqueur replicates the nut flavor of a snickers bar.
- Kahlua – The chocolate notes of Kahlua really come through in this shot.
How To Make
- Fill a shot glass 1/3 of the way full with Kahlua.
- Slowly pour hazelnut liqueur over the back of a bar spoon to layer it.
- Layer the Bailey’s by repeating step 2.
This post contains affiliate links (when you buy we make a little money at no cost to you). See our disclosure for more information.
The most common variation I see with the Snickers shot is substituting the hazelnut liqueur for Screwball peanut butter whiskey. Since the candy bar is filled with peanuts, I think this is a great sub.
- Dip the rim of your shot glass in chocolate sauce and crushed peanuts for a flavorful rim.
- If you don’t want to layer the shot, you can simply shake all the ingredients together in a cocktail shaker.
.5 oz Kahlua
.5 oz Hazelnut Liqueur
.5 oz Baileys
Add Kahlua to the bottom of a shot glass.
Next, slowly pour the hazelnut liqueur over the back of a bar spoon to create the second layer.
Repeat with the Bailey’s to make the top layer.