This shot combines two liqueurs to create a flavor similar to a caramel apple. It makes a great fall or Halloween party shot.
I have always looked forward to the fall when the fair comes to town so I can get my favorite treat – a caramel apple.
There’s just something so addictive about the tart and juicy green apple when combined with the buttery sweetness of caramel!
Once I learned that there was an alcohol shot that tastes just like one, I knew I had to try it! It has quickly become a favorite of mine. I always serve it at Halloween parties.
- Butterscotch Schnapps – This clear liqueur tastes like melted butter and brown sugar, or butterscotch. Very similar flavor as caramel.
- Sour Apple Pucker – This liqueur is sweet and sour, like a slightly sour green apple candy.
How To Make
- Add alcohol to a shaker with a few ice cubes and shake.
- Strain into a shot glass.
- Give the shot a flavored rim by dipping in caramel sauce and chopped nuts.
- No cocktail shaker? Simply pour each liqueur directly into your shot glasses, or shake in a mason jar with a lid.
Caramel Apple Shots
A shot that combines two alcohols to taste like a caramel apple.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 2 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Shots
- Cuisine: American
1 oz Butterscotch Schnapps
1 oz Sour Apple Pucker
Add both liqueurs to a cocktail shaker with ice.
Shake for 10-15 seconds then strain into shot glasses.
Kelly P says
I had this at a bar several years ago and have always wondered what it was made of. When I saw your recipe I decided to try it and this is dead on! Yummy and dangerous!