This tootsie roll shot tastes exactly like the classic chocolate candy. You only new two common bar ingredients to make this delicious chocolate shot!
Tootsie rolls are a classic American candy. Despite what you might think, rather than being actual chocolate, it’s actually a chocolate-flavored taffy.
This shot recreates the flavor of a tootsie roll with just two ingredients – one alcohol and one mixer.
- Kahlua – Kahlua brings notes of chocolate and coffee. I don’t recommend substituting it with another coffee liqueur.
- Orange Juice – The acidity of OJ works to mute the coffee notes and accentuate the chocolate notes of the Kahlua. I recommend using a pulp-free version.
How To Make
- Add Kahlua and orange juice to a cocktail shaker. Shake until combined.
- Strain into shot glasses.
This post contains affiliate links (when you buy we make a little money at no cost to you). See our disclosure for more information.
- No cocktail shaker? Shake with a mason jar with a lid, or pour ingredients directly into shot glasses and stir with a bar spoon.
- Want to make this a cocktail instead of a shot? Double the recipe below and serve it in a highball glass.
The most common variation of the tootsie roll shot is adding a splash or two of grape pucker or cherry pucker. This helps to add a little depth to the flavor.
Another variation uses equal parts vodka, OJ, and Kailua.
1.5 oz Kahlua
1.5 oz Orange Juice
Add Kahlua and orange juice to a cocktail shaker along with a few cubes of ice.
Shake for 10-15 seconds, then strain into two shot glasses.