You’ll never believe that these two common bar ingredients come together to make a shot that tastes remarkably like a tootsie roll.
Tootsie rolls are a classic American candy. Despite what you might think, rather than being chocolate, it’s a chocolate-flavored taffy.
This shot recreates the flavor of a tootsie roll with just two ingredients – one alcohol and one mixer.
It’s a great choice for chocolate lovers who want a low ABV shot. For other options, try a Neapolitan shot or a Thin mint shot.
- Kahlua – Kahlua brings notes of chocolate and coffee. I don’t recommend substituting it with another coffee liqueur.
- Orange Juice – The acidity of OJ works to mute the coffee notes and accentuate the chocolate notes of the Kahlua. I recommend using a pulp-free version.
How To Make
- Add Kahlua and orange juice to a cocktail shaker. Shake until combined.
- Strain into shot glasses.
This post contains affiliate links (when you buy we make a little money at no cost to you). See our disclosure for more information.
- No cocktail shaker? Shake with a mason jar with a lid, or pour ingredients directly into shot glasses and stir with a bar spoon.
- Want to make this a cocktail instead of a shot? Double the recipe below and serve it in a highball glass.
Tootsie Roll Shot
A two ingredient shot that tastes like tootsie roll candy.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 2 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Shots
- Cuisine: American
1.5 oz Kahlua
1.5 oz Orange Juice
Add Kahlua and orange juice to a cocktail shaker along with a few cubes of ice.
Shake for 10-15 seconds, then strain into two shot glasses.
One of my favorite shots ever. I add a little bit of grape pucker to mine.
Kelsey S says
How does this shot taste exactly like a tootsie roll??!?