These adorable blue jello shots feature gummy bears in candy rings floating on top of Ocean Water gelatin. No summer pool party is complete without them!
This summer, I’ve been all about making jello shots for every get together. They’re so easy to big batch and I love how easy they are to just grab and shoot. Crown Apple Jello Shots have been a hit at all the barbecues I’ve been to!
With an end of the summer pool party on the horizon, I wanted to make a really festive version of jello shots to take. I ended up making them with a refreshing coconut flavored Ocean Water gelatin base.
On top, there is a candy ring with a gummy bear inserted – making it look like a pool float. So cute!
I love these jello shots because they’re so easy to customize to your personal tastes. You can choose your favorite alcohol(s) and even add some fruit juice, like pineapple, in place of some of the water for maximum tropical flavor.
If you’re also seeking cocktails to serve at your pool party, I highly recommend checking out my favorite drinks for the beach. They’re all perfect for a day spent lounging by the water!
- Gelatin – Sonic Ocean Water gelatin or another blue gelatin of your choosing.
- Alcohol – You can use any alcohol you’d prefer. I use a combination of vodka and Malibu.
- Water – Some liquid needs to be water, otherwise the gelatin will not set.
- Candy Rings – Any flavor gummy candy rings work. I used peach and green apple.
- Gummy Bears – You could substitute Teddy grahams instead.
You’ll also need 2oz jello shot containers.
This post contains affiliate links (when you buy we make a little money at no cost to you). See our disclosure for more information.
How To Make
- Add gelatin powder and boiling water together and stir. Allow to cool slightly for about 3 minutes.
- Add alcohol. Stir.
- Pour into jello shot containers and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Top each with a gummy ring and gummy bear.
- Place your jello shot cups on a baking sheet or in a baking dish so they’re easy to move in and out of the fridge.
- Clear a flat, level space in your fridge to place the tray before beginning to make this recipe.
- You can make the jello shots non-alcoholic, if you’d prefer. Simply replace the alcohol with an equal amount of cold water.
- Add a cocktail umbrella to shade the gummy bears while they float.
If they will be the only booze, I recommend making 4 jello shots per person. If they will be served alongside other drinks, 2 per person should work.
Unfortunately, jello shots do not freeze well. I do not recommend storing them in the freezer.
Jello shots will stay fresh in your refrigerator for about 1 week. After that, their flavor starts to significantly diminish.
Sonic Ocean Water gelatin (3.94 oz)
1 1/2 cups hot water
1/2 cup Malibu
1 cup vodka
30 gummy candy rings
30 gummy bears
Grab a baking sheet or dish and place 30 jello shot containers in rows. Set aside.
Add the gelatin and the hot water together in a mixing bowl. Stir until dissolved.
Allow to cool slightly (2-3 minutes), then add the alcohol. Stir until well-combined.
Evenly distribute among the jello shot containers. Seal each with a lid and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or until the gelatin has set.
Before serving, top each with a gummy ring and a gummy bear.