This simple, 2-ingredient cocktail combines Fireball with Dr. Pepper to make a flavorful cinnamon whisky drink.
Soda and whisky has always been a staple in the cocktail world because the two are a great pairing.
Why? The sweetness of the soda balances out the smokiness and strong flavors of the whisky.
If you’re a jack and coke fan looking to try something new, try Dr. Pepper and Fireball.
- Fireball – You’ll need Fireball or another cinnamon liquor. Goldschlager works too.
- Dr. Pepper – I stock my home bar with cans of Dr. Pepper. You can also substitute another dark soda, if you’d prefer. Cherry coke is a great choice.
- Ice – Any ice works. I make pebble ice with this ice machine.
- Garnish – I never turn down a cherry on top, so I always opt for a maraschino cherry. This is totally optional.
This post contains affiliate links (when you buy we make a little money at no cost to you). See our disclosure for more information.
How To Make
- Add ice to a rocks glass.
- Add Fireball whisky.
- Fill with Dr. Pepper.
- Stir with bar spoon.
Soda to Whisky Ratio
You can easily adjust the strength of this cocktail to your preferred level.
For a strong drink, do a 1:1 ratio – equal amounts of liquor and mixer.
For a lighter drink, do a 1:2 ratio – double the amount of mixer as liquor.
- Instead of ice, pour the fireball and Dr. Pepper over a scoop of vanilla ice cream to make a boozy float.
- Brighten it up with a squeeze of citrus – I like to use a lime wedge.
- Experiment with adding liqueurs, like amaretto, for different flavor variations.
More Easy Cocktails
Other Whisky DrinksPrint
3 oz Fireball Whisky
3 oz Dr. Pepper
Maraschino Cherry (optional)
Fill a rocks glass with ice.
Add the whisky, then fill to the top with Dr. Pepper.
Garnish with a cherry, if desired, and enjoy!