This seasonal take on an old fashioned infuses peach flavor with the classic whiskey cocktail. It’s easy to make and always impresses guests!
We’ve been pouring a lot of whiskey drinks around here lately and trying out some new things.
Traditional old fashioneds are always welcome, but we’ve been experimenting with some twists we love. Since it is peach season, we tried to infuse it with that flavor and the result is super delicious!
The smokiness of the whiskey pairs perfectly with the sweetness of the fruit. You end up with a cocktail that has a delightful flavor balance! It’s the perfect drink for a happy hour at home, or a dinner party where you want to impress guests.
The best part? This recipe is super easy. No need to make your own infused spirits or syrups – we’ll just be using a few store-bought ingredients.
This post contains affiliate links (when you buy we make a little money at no cost to you). See our disclosure for more information.
- Whiskey – I recommend using either a rye whiskey or a bourbon for this drink. I used Michter’s Straight Rye. Read my list of best whiskeys to use in an old fashioned for more ideas.
- Peach Liqueur – This will bring the majority of the peach flavor to our cocktail while also adding the sweetness that usually comes from a sugar cube in a classic old fashioned.
- Bitters – You can use any kind of bitters you’d like, but definitely be sure to include them. They help round out the flavor profile. I like using peach bitters, though orange & cherry bitters both work well too.
- Cherry – Maraschino cherries are a staple of the old fashioned cocktail. I like to get fancy and use Luxardo cherries, but any will do. Just be sure to remove the stem.
- Peach – I like to use a fresh yellow peach slice as garnish, but this is totally optional. Feel free to leave it out if you don’t have any or peaches are out of season.
- Ice – A large piece of ice is best for this drink. I would recommend making cube ice or sphere ice.
What glass should you use?
An old fashioned is served in a lowball or rocks glass.
- No peach liqueur? Take a few slices of canned peaches and muddle in the bottom of your glass along with 1/2 tablespoon of water.
- Want to make a large batch? Mix the whiskey, liqueur, and bitters together and store in a mason jar or pitcher. Multiply the ingredients by 10 to fill a 32oz jar, or by 20 to fill up a pitcher. When ready to serve, pour into individual glasses then garnish with a cherry and peach slice.
Related Cocktail RecipesPrint
Peach Old Fashioned
The classic old fashioned whiskey cocktail is infused with peach flavor.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Cocktails
- Cuisine: American
2oz Whiskey or Bourbon
1oz Peach Liqueur
2 Dashes Bitters
Maraschino Cherry (stemless)
Add the whiskey, peach liqueur, and bitters to a lowball glass. Give it a quick stir with a bar spoon.
Add a large piece of ice and garnish with a stemless maraschino cherry and peach slice.
I made this for my boyfriend using the last of our fresh peaches and he absolutely loved it. Thank you for the recipe.