These margaritas are made with fresh Meyer lemon instead of the traditional lime juice. Serve on the rocks or blended for a refreshing citrus tequila cocktail!
One of my favorite ways to use all the Meyer lemons that are growing in my backyard – cocktails!
Citrus juice is a natural pairing with liquor and I’ve been experimenting with some lemon combinations I thought would be good. I drink a ton of margaritas but have never had a lemon one, until now…
I was surprised at just how well the lemon works in place of the lime juice. I think Meyer lemons work especially well because they are sweeter than traditional lemons and also have a slight floral flavor profile.
- Meyer Lemon Juice – Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Tequila – I prefer Blanco Tequila like Don Julio for this recipe, but you can substitute gold tequila if you would prefer.
- Simple Syrup – Simple syrup is a 50/50 mixture of water and sugar. I use this vanilla bean simple syrup. You can also easily make it yourself by melting sugar with water in a saucepan.
- Coarse Salt – I use coarse salt to put around the rim. This is traditional with margaritas, but not mandatory.
- Dehydrated Lemon Slice – I like to use a dehydrated lemon slice as a garnish. This is optional and if you don’t have any you can just use a fresh lemon wedge instead or nothing at all.
How To Make
Meyer lemon margaritas can be served on the rocks or blended. I usually enjoy my margaritas on the rocks, but this one is really good blended. It basically gets turned into a frozen lemonade cocktail. 😋
Obviously you’ll need a blender if you want to serve this margarita blended. Just add all the ingredients except the salt and lemon garnish to a blender and blend. It’s that easy!
On The Rocks
To make this margarita on the rocks, you’ll need a cocktail shaker. Fill the shaker halfway with ice, then add the tequila and simple syrup. Shake, then pour into a margarita glass filled with ice.
More Meyer Lemon Recipes
Other Citrus CocktailsPrint
2oz Meyer Lemon Juice
2oz Blanco Tequila
1oz Simple Syrup (I use this one)
Coarse Salt (optional)
Dehydrated Lemon Slice (optional)
Add lemon juice, tequila, simple syrup and 1 cup of ice per cocktail into a blender. Blend well.
If making a salt rim, spread coarse salt out on a plate. Dip your margarita glass in water, then in the salt.
Pour blended margaritas into the glass, garnishing with a dehydrated lemon slice (if desired).
On The Rocks
If making a salt rim, spread coarse salt out on a plate. Dip your margarita glass in water, then in the salt. Add ice to a margarita glass.
Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Add the lemon juice, tequila, and simple syrup. Shake well, then pour into your glass.