This creamy potato soup is made in the Instant Pot then “loaded” by topping it with cheddar cheese, bacon, and green onions. The ultimate comfort food!
I’ve found myself eating at least 200% more soup since getting an Instant Pot. It just makes cooking soup sooooo quick & easy.
I needed some serious comfort food this past week, so I adapted a recipe for one of my favorites from childhood – Loaded Baked Potato Soup. It’s budget-friendly, delicious, easily re-heatable…and I am all about it!
- Russet Potatoes
- Chicken Broth
- Heavy Cream
- Salt & Pepper
- Toppings – Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Green Onions
- Use a vegetable peeler to quickly peel your potatoes
- Cut potatoes into 1″ cubes so that they cook evenly and still leave some chunky texture to your soup
- Want to make it healthier? Use skim milk and skip the heavy cream
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Twice Baked Potato Casserole
- Instant Pot Copycat Wendy’s Chili
- Easy Instant Pot Mac & Cheese
- Instant Pot Cajun Boiled Peanuts
Other Soup Recipes
- Crockpot Mushroom & Brie Soup
- Goat Cheese Tomato Soup in a Grilled Cheese Bread Bowl
- Corn & Crab Chowder with Mini Old Bay Chips
2 Tbsp Butter
1 Yellow Onion, chopped
3 Cloves Garlic, minced
6 Large Russet Potatoes, peeled & cubed
4 Cups Chicken Broth
1 Cup Milk
2 Tbsp Cornstarch
1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
1/3 Cup Shredded Cheddar
6 Bacon Slices, cooked & chopped
2–3 Green Onions, sliced
Add butter to your Instant Pot and turn on sauté. Add the onions and cook about 4 minutes, until soft. Add the garlic and sauté for one additional minute.
Add the chicken broth and potatoes. Place the lid on and ensure vent is set to “sealing”. Cook it on high pressure for 8 minutes.
Once cooking is complete, do a quick release of the pressure. Remove lid and set the IP to sauté again.
Whisk together milk and cornstarch. Add to the IP along with the heavy cream. Stir constantly and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes, until the soup has thickened up.
Add salt & pepper to taste, then garnish with the cheddar cheese, bacon, and green onions before serving.