This Moscow mule tastes just like a cherry limeade! It features fresh cherries, lime juice, vodka, and ginger beer. The result is a refreshing summer cocktail that’s bursting with flavor.
We bought cherries almost every week this summer because they were exceptionally good this year. We made a lot of jams and desserts, but we’ve found one of our favorite ways to enjoy them is in a cocktail.
Cherry and lime are some of our favorite flavor combinations! Of course, it probably goes all the way back to our childhood love of Sonic’s cherry limeades. This is like the ultimate adult version of that!
- Cherries – You’ll want to use sweet red cherries. I went with Bing cherries.
- Lime Juice – Always use freshly squeezed lime juice! The store-bought bottle versions have preservatives that alter the taste.
- Vodka – Moscow mules are made with vodka. Any brand will do.
- Ginger Beer – There are many different brands of ginger beer on the market. I really like the taste of Reed’s, especially for this cocktail.
- Ice – Obviously you can use ice of any shape, however, I prefer nugget ice (I use an Opal ice machine), or large blocks of ice made with one of these silicone molds.
Tools You’ll Need
- Citrus Squeezer – A handheld citrus squeezer is the easiest way to juice your citrus and they are incredibly affordable.
- Cherry Pitter – Okay, this is technically optional, but pitting cherries without a tool is a real chore. If you don’t have one, you could try the bottle method.
- Blender – You’ll need a blender to make the cherry lime juice. Since cherries are soft and blend easily, any blender should be able to handle it.
- Copper Mug or Mason Jars – Moscow mules are traditionally served in copper mugs. If you don’t have any, mason jars are also a great option. Many trendy restaurants & bars use them instead.
More Cocktail Recipes
- Cherry Limeade Cocktail
- Lime Sherbet Margaritas
- Caipirinha Coffee Cocktail
- Vitamin C Red Bull Cocktail
- Blackberry Margarita
Cherry Lime Juice
1/2 Pound Sweet Red Cherries, pitted
1/4 Cup Lime juice, freshly squeezed
10 oz Vodka
10 oz Cherry Lime Juice
15 oz Ginger Beer
Add lime juice and cherries to your blender. Blend until smooth.
Prepare copper mugs or mason jars and fill with ice. For each Moscow mule, you’ll want to add 2 oz of the vodka, 2 oz of the cherry lime juice, then top with 3 oz of the ginger beer.
- Calories: 172