A copycat version of Disney’s seasonal, decadent smoothie that tastes just like a caramel apple. It’s an easy fall dessert that both kids & adults love!
Since we can’t make it to Disneyland for spooky season this year, I wanted to copycat one of our favorite fall treats from there – the Caramel Apple Smoothie.
Now, this isn’t your typical smoothie. I daresay that anywhere other than the happiest place on earth it would most certainly be called a milkshake. But to an Imagineer, it’s a smoothie, and who I am I to argue with them??
The first time I tried one I knew I was going to like it, but I didn’t know that I would literally fall in love with it! It legitimately tastes like a caramel apple that you can suck through a straw. Amazing! I’ll be making these every October for the rest of my life…
- Vanilla Ice Cream – Ice cream is the base of this smoothie, so the kind you choose will have an effect on the final flavor. I went with Ben & Jerry’s because their vanilla bean ice cream is some of the best I’ve ever had.
- Milk – Milk mixes with the ice cream to turn it more into a liquid. You can use any kind of milk that you’d like. I chose whole milk for full flavor.
- Caramel Syrup – You can’t make a caramel apple smoothie without caramel! Any caramel sauce you’d like to use should work fine. I used Ghirardelli.
- Green Apple – Obviously you’ll need some apples for this smoothie. Caramel apples are typically made with green apples and I think they have the best flavor for this drink.
- Whipped Cream – Disney usually tops this smoothie off with a nice helping of whipped cream. You can leave it out if you wish, and garnish the top with a spiral of caramel instead.
- Food Coloring – Using food coloring is totally optional, but if you want a nice “green” color, it’s the way to go. I used 2 drops of the primary green from this food coloring set.
How To Make
Core and slice your apple. I like to use this apple slicer to make it quick and easy.
Scoop out the vanilla ice cream and add it to the blender along with the milk, green apple, and one tablespoon of caramel syrup. Blend until smooth. At this point, add the food coloring if you are using it. Pulse for just a few seconds until blended.
Take your glass and pour some caramel sauce all around the inside of the top rim.
Pour in the smoothie. Top with the whipped cream, if desired, then drizzle a little more caramel over the top.
More Copycat Recipes
- Homemade Crunchwrap Supreme
- Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- Starbucks Matcha Lemonade
- Copycat Instant Pot Wendy’s Chili
Other Recipes with Apples
- Cracker Barrel Fried Apples
- Apple Fritter Waffle Donuts
- Crock Pot Vanilla Bean Apple Butter
- Instant Pot Apple Butter
1 Cup Vanilla Ice Cream
1/2 Cup Milk
1 Tbsp Caramel Sauce, + more for garnish
1 Large Green Apple, cored and sliced
2 Drops Green Food Coloring (optional)
Add vanilla ice cream, milk, caramel sauce, and green apple to your blender. Blend until smooth. Add the food coloring, if desired, then blend for just a few seconds – until well combined.
Grab a glass and pour a little caramel sauce all the way around the inside of the rim. Pour in the smoothie, then top with whipped cream. Drizzle a little more caramel sauce on top, then enjoy!
- Calories: 528