I’ve been spoiled by always living next to a body of water and having fresh seafood at my disposal. That being said, I don’t eat at Red Lobster because their seafood isn’t exactly what I’m used to. Those Cheddar Bay Biscuits though….everybody loves them. Even me!
I just had to have a taste of those delicious, cheesy, buttery cheddar bay biscuits in my own home. I wasn’t sure at first if I could make something as good, but honestly these are better than what they’re slinging over at Red Lobster. I swear! Don’t believe me? Give them a try!
Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit Ingredients
- Baking Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
- Melted Butter
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese
If you like this copycat recipe, you’ll probably also enjoy our Cracker Barrel fried apples and Panda Express Chow Mein. They’re even more delicious that the restaurant versions and you’ll save money by eating at home!
This post contains affiliate links (when you buy we make a little money at no cost to you). See our disclosure for more information.Print
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, garlic powder, salt and cayenne pepper, if using.
- In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together buttermilk and butter. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist. Gently fold in cheese.
- Using a 1/4-cup measuring cup, scoop the batter evenly onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- For the topping, whisk together butter, parsley and garlic powder in a small bowl. Working one at a time, brush the tops of the biscuits with the butter mixture.
- Serve immediately.
- Calories: 243