Rise and shine with a plateful of crispy-on-the-outside, fluffy-on-the-inside breakfast potatoes made effortlessly in the air fryer.
Once you have an air fryer, you can forget standing over a skillet of hot oil, diligently flipping potatoes at just the right time to make home fries.
Now, you can simply toss the potatoes in seasoning then throw them in your fryer and press cook!
Serve alongside other breakfast dishes (like french toast bagels), put inside breakfast burritos, or throw an egg on top to enjoy as a main dish.
Of course you’re not just limited to breakfast, these also make a great addition to lunch or dinner. I make a similar taco version that’s a copycat of Taco Bell’s cheesy fiesta potatoes.
- Potatoes – Gold, Russet, or red potatoes all work well in this recipe.
- Oil – Any high-heat neutral tasting oil (avocado, vegetable, canola, etc.)
- Seasoning – I use garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. You can use a seasoned salt like Lawry’s or another seasoning mix that you prefer.
This post contains affiliate links (when you buy we make a little money at no cost to you). See our disclosure for more information.
How to make
- Dice potatoes into cubes.
- Place diced potatoes in a large bowl and toss with all the seasonings and oil.
- Place seasoned potatoes in a single layer in your air fryer basket.
- Air fry 15-20 minutes, until golden brown and crispy. Halfway through, shake basket to ensure even cooking.
How to serve
These air fried potatoes are great when served with a sunny-side up egg and bacon or ham, or alongside pancakes or waffles.
I recommend serving them with ketchup, hot sauce, and even sour cream. Sliced green onions make a flavorful garnish.
You can also put them inside breakfast burritos, tacos, and even a quiche or omelette.
- Make sure to dice the potatoes all the same size so they cook evenly.
- If cooking a large amount, be sure to cook in batches. If you add more than a single layer of potatoes, they won’t get as crispy.
- For extra crispy potatoes, soak them in ice cold water for 1 hour after dicing.
- Customize these potatoes by adding chopped onions and peppers or switching up the seasoning.
2 lbs gold or russet potatoes
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
Salt and black pepper to taste
2 tablespoons oil (EVOO, avocado, canola, etc.)
Place the potatoes in a large bowl. Sprinkle paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and oil on top. Mix gently until well combined.
Place the seasoned potatoes in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Air fry for a cooking time of 15-20 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
I recommend shaking the basket halfway through to ensure they cook evenly.