This recipe takes Saltine crackers and seasons them with ranch, red pepper flakes, and garlic. A delicious, easy-to-make snack!
I found this recipe while perusing Pinterest and thought to myself, “What an easy little snack”.
Saltines by themselves don’t really do much for me, but add some flavor to them and I’m on board.
These can be addictive though so be careful!
If I were to make these again, I think I’d try using oyster crackers. They’re more bite-sized and easier to pop in your mouth. Although I guess that could be dangerous as well…..either way…delicious!
Fire Cracker Ingredients:
- Unsalted Saltine Crackers
- Ranch Dressing Mix
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Garlic Powder
- Canola Oil
How To Make Fire Crackers:
Mix the oil and seasonings together in a small bowl.
You need to place the saltine crackers in some kind of sealable container. I like to use these containers, but Ziploc bags also work well.
After the crackers are in your container, cover with oil and seasoning mixture. Turn the bag or container over every 5 minutes for 30 minutes to ensure the crackers are evenly coated.
That’s it! Your fire crackers are ready to eat.
* From time to time I get a comment or e-mail from someone saying I left out the cooking instructions for this recipe. Please note that this is a no-cook recipe for fire crackers. If you want to toast them in the oven, feel free, but we never do.
Other snack recipes:
- Ritz Bits Fire Crackers
- Buffalo Spiced Nuts Recipe
- Old Bay & Bacon Peanuts
- Crock Pot Duck Fat Chex Mix
- Crock Pot Garlic & Onion Beer Boiled Peanuts
These Fire Crackers Go Great With:
- Corn & Crab Chowder
- Goat Cheese Tomato Soup Bread Bowl
- Instant Pot Caramelized Onion Dip
- Best Pimento Cheese Recipe
This post contains affiliate links (when you buy we make a little money at no cost to you). See our disclosure for more information.Print
- 1 Box of Unsalted Saltine Crackers (4 sleeves)
- 1 Cup of Canola Oil
- 1 (1 ounce) Packet of Dry Ranch Dressing Mix
- 2 tbsp of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Glad Plastic Containers (8 Cup)
- Place two sleeves of crackers into each Glad container.
- In a bowl, mix oil, ranch dressing mix, red pepper flakes, and garlic powder.
- Continue to stir the mixture. You don’t want the red pepper flakes to settle.
- Drizzle half the mixture into each container, over the crackers.
- Put lids on the containers and turn upside down every 5 min. for 30 min.
- Will keep for up to a week.
- Calories: 188