Give guests their own individual charcuterie board in a cup – the perfect handheld party appetizer!
Charcuterie cups, grazing cones…whatever you call them, these tasty little things are the hottest party appetizer this year! They’re adorable, they’re functional, and most importantly – they’re delicious!
They’re also easy to make. Anyone, no matter their level of kitchen experience, can put them together. I was able to make a batch for our entire party in about 15-20 minutes.
- Cured Meats – Cured meats are the backbone of charcuterie. Feel free to buy your favorites. I used salami, sliced chorizo, and prosciutto.
- Cheese – You’ll want to choose cheese that compliments your meats. I wrapped my prosciutto around mozzarella and added Monterey jack to pair with the chorizo.
- Fruit – I kept it simple and seasonal by adding red grapes. Berries are also a great choice.
- Bread or Crackers – A sliced baguette or crackers are ideal. I used a rectangle cracker and a round herb cracker.
- Other Accouterments – A bit of jam or honey (especially if you’re including a creamy cheese like brie), nuts, olives, and cornichons are all great additions.
- Cups or Cones – You’ll need either cups or cones to put the charcuterie in. I went with cups simply because they are the easiest to deal with. Cones will need a tray to sit in, but cups have flat bottoms and can be sat straight down on a table. I used these gold glitter cups. These bamboo cones are a good option if you’re going that route.
- Toothpicks – Using toothpicks is a great way to make room for more meats and cheese or to add olives. I used these fancy party toothpicks.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Don’t prepare more than a couple of hours ahead of time so that the meats don’t dry out.
- Don’t add the crackers and bread until ready to serve, otherwise, they might get soggy.
More Party Appetizer Recipes
- Thanksgiving Turkey Meat & Cheese Platter
- Spicy Apple Cranberry Little Smokies
- Deviled Eggs with Fried Chicken Skin
1/2 lb Red Grapes
8 oz Sliced Chorizo
8 oz Sliced Salami
12 Slices of Proscuitto
12 Mozzarella Sticks
8oz Monterey Jack Cheese, cubed
Add a small cluster of grapes to the bottom of each of your cups.
Fold the salami and place it next to the grapes.
Wrap each slice of prosciutto around a stick of mozzarella. Add one to each of your cups.
Skewer an olive, a cube of Monterey jack cheese, and a slice of chorizo on a toothpick. Place one in each of your cups.
Add the crackers, serve, and enjoy.