I have recently acquired my very first popsicle mold and am determined to make the absolute most of it. Of course, I could not be satisfied with making some basic fruit juice popsicle as my first recipe, I had to go with something unique: Mint Chocolate Cheesecake Popsicles.
This post contains affiliate links (when you buy we make a little money at no cost to you). See our disclosure for more information.
They should really be called creamsicles instead. The base is cool whip, which gives it a different consistency than your standard popsicle. Dipping them in magic shell at the end and them rolling them in chopped mints gives them that extra little “oomph” people love.
- Thin Mint Shots
- Mini Thin Mint Cupcakes
- Champagne Popsicles with Edible Flowers
- Crock Pot Peppermint Hot Chocolate
Mint Chocolate Cheesecake Popsicles Recipe
Delicious mint chocolate chip popsicles dipped in chocolate then covered in Andes Creme de Menthe mints.
- Prep Time: 5 hours
- Total Time: 5 hours
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons sugar
1 8oz container of Cool Whip
12 Andes Creme de Menthe twins, finely chopped (you’ll need additional ones coarsely chopped for the topping)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
Green food coloring (optional)
Magic Shell (for topping)
1. Put both the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl. Mix together until creamy. If you want to make life easy, do this with an electric mixer. If you are like me and enjoy a challenge, you can use a for or whisk and good ol’ fashioned muscle. Once creamy, add the vanilla and peppermint, and a few drops of green food coloring (if desired). Mix until thoroughly combined. Now fold in the cool whip using a rubber spatula. Fold in the chopped Andes mints.
2. Take the mixture and put into your popsicle molds (I use this one) , filling to the top. To make this easy, spoon the mixture into a pastry bag (or ziploc) first, then snip and squeeze into the mold. Tap the full mold on the counter top to help release any air pockets. Freeze for 4-6 hours, or until popsicles are solidified.
3. After popsicles are frozen, remove from your popsicle mold. Dip in Magic Shell and then roll in additional coarsely chopped Andes mints.
- Calories: 498
I absolutely love Andes mints and these popsicles are a dream come true!