Use canned biscuits to make this delicious baked pizza casserole. An easy, family-approved dinner that can be ready in about 40 minutes!
Does your house have a dedicated pizza night? We sure do! Some weeks we even have two! 😉
While we like to make a lot of homemade pizza, we’re always looking for fun, new ways to eat it. We heard about baking biscuit pizzas and immediately new we wanted to turn it into a casserole.
We’re so glad that we did, because it is now one of our all-time favorite movie night meals!
Why You Should Make This
- It’s a family-approved recipe that comes together quickly.
- The toppings are easily customizable to your families’ tastes and dietary needs.
- It’s cheaper than ordering pizza – very budget-friendly!
- So easy to make that kids can help!
- Biscuits – Canned biscuits are the the hero in this recipe. We used Pillsbury Grands! Southern Homestyle.
- Pizza Sauce – We always keep some jarred pizza sauce on hand, but homemade makes this recipe extra delicious if you have some.
- Cheese – Use fresh mozzarella to stuff each biscuit and shredded mozzarella on top of the casserole.
- Garlic Butter – Fresh garlic and butter mixed with a little bit of fresh parsley gets brushed on the casserole to add extra flavor.
- Toppings – We kept it classic by using pepperonis as our topping, but you can use whatever you’d like. A supreme or Hawaiian version of this casserole sounds amazing!
How To Make
- Slice canned biscuits.
- Add pepperonis, sliced mozzarella, and pizza sauce.
- Arrange stuffed pizza biscuits in a casserole dish.
- Brush with garlic butter sauce.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- If you substitute another brand of canned biscuits, make sure that they are “big” or “jumbo” sized.
- For a shortcut, buy pre-sliced fresh mozzarella.
- To make a smaller version of this casserole, use half the ingredients and a deep pie plate.
Other Pizza Recipes
More Casserole Recipes
This post contains affiliate links (when you buy we make a little money at no cost to you). See our disclosure for more information.Print
2 8 count Cans of Grands Southern Homestyle Biscuits
8oz Fresh Sliced Mozzarella Cheese
20 Slices of Pepperoni
1/2 Cup Pizza Sauce
1 Tbsp Parsley
3 Tbsp Salted Butter
3 Cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella
Preheat the oven to 375° F.
Open and separate biscuits. Cut into the middle of each biscuit to form a pocket. Stuff with one slice of mozzarella cheese, a couple slices of pepperoni, and a spoonful of sauce. Place each biscuit open side up into a 10″ oven-safe pan or casserole dish.
Melt butter, stir in garlic and parsley. Brush bread generously with butter mixture. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella over the top.
Place in the oven for 35-40 minutes, until cheese has melted and the biscuit tops are beginning to brown.
Serve immediately with extra pizza sauce for dipping, if desired. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 497
- Fat: 26
- Carbohydrates: 46
- Protein: 15