The white gummy bear can be served as a cocktail or shot. It has a light and fruity flavor and is easy to make.
It’s perfect for people who don’t like a strong drink that tastes like alcohol. To make it, you only need four common bar ingredients and a cocktail shaker.
Even though it is called a “white gummy bear”, it does not have the same flavor as the Haribo candy. Instead, it gets the name because it has a similar color.
If you want it to taste more like the gummy, follow my instructions in the “variations” section.
- Vodka – Raspberry vodka is traditionally used in this drink. Feel free to experiment with other flavors.
- Schnapps – Peach schnapps is the classic liqueur to use in the white gummy bear.
- Sweet & Sour – Bars typically use bottled sweet and sour mix, but you can use a homemade version if you’d prefer.
- Lemon-Lime Soda – Sprite, 7UP, or your other favorite brand.
- Ice – Crushed ice or pebble ice (I use the Opal ice maker) is my preference for this cocktail.
This post contains affiliate links (when you buy we make a little money at no cost to you). See our disclosure for more information.
How to make it
- Add vodka, schnapps, and sweet & sour mix to a cocktail shaker with a few ice cubes. Shake about 15 seconds until combined.
- Fill a tall glass with ice, then pour in the mixed alcohol.
- Top with soda and give it a quick stir with a bar spoon.
- Add vodka, schnapps, sweet & sour, and a splash of lemon-lime soda to a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake 15 seconds until combined.
- Pour into two shot glasses and enjoy!
If you’d prefer a non-alcoholic cocktail, simply use peach juice, cran-raspberry juice, and lemon lime soda. A squeeze of lime adds a nice touch.
Looking for a taste closer to the actual white gummy bear candy? Use pineapple schnapps in place of the peach schnapps and add a splash of pineapple juice. This version is particularly good with a tajin rim, similar to a Mexican candy shot.
Making other colors of gummy bear drinks can be fun! Simply use different flavors of vodka and replace the sour mix with other liqueurs.
- Red = Cherry vodka/Grenadine
- Green = Lime vodka/Midori
- Blue = Raspberry vodka/Blue Curacao
1 oz Raspberry Vodka
1 oz Peach Schnapps
.5 oz Sweet & Sour
.5 oz Sprite
Add the vodka, schnapps, and sweet & sour mix to a cocktail shaker with a few cubes of ice. Shake about 15 seconds, until combined.
Strain over a tall glass filled with crushed or pebble ice. Top with the soda and give it a quick stir with a bar spoon.
To make as a shot, add the vodka, peach schnapps, sweet and sour, and just a splash of sprite to the cocktail shaker. Shake 10-15 seconds, then strain into two shot glasses.