This unique alcohol shot is made with tangy pickle juice, vodka, and chili powder.
Pickle-lover’s have to try these TikTok viral shots! They’re made with dill pickle juice and vodka and they have a Tajin rim for a delicious spicy kick.
The tangy, salty juice and the spice from the chili powder work together to mask the flavor of the alcohol, creating a surprisingly smooth shot!
- Pickle Juice – Use strained pickle brine from a jar of pickles or keep these pickle juicers handy.
- Vodka – Use traditional vodka or experiment with different flavors like lime, or something with a kick such as Smirnoff Spicy Tamarind.
- Tajin – Tajin or another chili powder adds a nice spice. You can dip it in chamoy first too, kind of like the Mexican candy shot.
- Garnish – Use whole baby pickles or cut them into slices for the garnish.
This post contains affiliate links (when you buy we make a little money at no cost to you). See our disclosure for more information.
- For best results, use a cocktail shaker with ice to incorporate the ingredients. This helps them mix better instead of stirring.
- Chill the pickle juice and vodka ahead of time for the smoothest shot.
- Add hot sauce to make a spicy pickle shot. This Serrano dill pickle hot sauce is a great choice.
- Use Jameson or other Irish whiskey to make a pickleback shot. (Though this shot is usually served with the ingredients in succession, shaking them together is even better!)
- Shake with Tequila and lime juice instead of vodka for a tasty Mexican twist.