When I was a kid, it seemed like every other kid was alllllllllll about that chocolate milk life. Not me. I wanted to chug strawberry milk by the gallon.
Back then, I thought the way to make strawberry milk was to squeeze a yellow bottle of factory-made syrup into my cup. Now that I’m older and wiser, I know that yellow bottle of syrup contains exactly 0% strawberry.
I wanted to make myself a genuine homemade glass of strawberry milk bursting with real strawberry flavor.
I was blown away by the result. It was so good that even Janette, who supposedly hates strawberry milk, will regularly ask me to mix her up a glass.
- Strawberries – Fresh strawberries at peak ripeness will yield the best flavor.
- Sugar – Use standard white granulated sugar.
- Water – You’ll need a bit of water to make the strawberry syrup. From the tap, purified, and bottled are all good choices.
- Milk – You can use any kind of milk or milk alternative that you prefer. Whole milk will yield the richest flavor.
How To Make
- Add all ingredients except milk to your saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce eat to a low simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Add to a bender and puree the strawberry sauce. Place sauce in a jar and refrigerate until cold (about an hour).
- Pour a glass of cold milk. Add strawberry sauce and stir to combine. Enjoy your strawberry milk!
- Add vanilla bean for extra flavor when simmering the strawberry sauce.
Strawberry Milk Recipe
This healthier version of strawberry milk features homemade strawberry purée.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Drinks
- Cuisine: American
2 Cups Strawberries, sliced
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Water
8 oz Milk (per serving)
- Place strawberries, sugar, and water into a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour into a blender and puree.
- Place puree in a jar, then seal and refrigerate until cold (30-60 minutes).
- When ready to make strawberry milk, add 3-4 tablespoons of puree per 8 oz of milk. Stir well, then enjoy!
- Calories: 159
Elaine @ Dishes Delish says
This strawberry milk looks luscious! I think if we looked at a bunch of stuff that we drank or ate as kids, we would run screaming down the street. That’s what’s fun about being an adult, we can develop yummy and healthy recipes that would put the things we used to love to shame!
Analida's Ethnic Spoon says
I loved strawberry milk as a kid but it was always the “powdered” stuff. This looks tasty!
Agness of Run Agness Run says
Delicious milk recipe! Great you included strawberries!
I also made a strawberry milk. Next time I will try to make it vegan.
Alena Wells says
super delicious! It was a little warm but we just stuck some ice cubes in, great recipe and instructions!
Great and easy recipe. Comes out perfect every time! Also works well with plant based milks
How long can I keep the strawberry puree in the fridge?
Jessica Pinney says
About a week.