This drink is packed full of seasonal flavors like pear, apple, and cinnamon. It’s the perfect cocktail for Thanksgiving!
I wanted to create a cocktail that perfectly embodied Thanksgiving to serve at a “friendsgiving” gathering I was hosting and I think the result is going to be your new favorite fall drink!
It combines apple, pear, and cinnamon flavors. It’s a pretty versatile flavor combo, so you can use whatever alcohol you like best. I generally choose vodka, but gin and whiskey also work.
Since the base is mostly comprised of fruit juice, I like to think it’s a sensible drink to start the day with. We sipped on some while watching the Macy’s Day Parade in the morning and it paired perfectly with the apple cinnamon rolls we were eating.
This post contains affiliate links (when you buy we make a little money at no cost to you). See our disclosure for more information.
- Apple Cider – I like to use an apple cider that’s been infused with cinnamon and other flavors. You can use homemade (like my crockpot apple cider), or a store-bought version.
- Pear Nectar – Pear nectar is basically pear juice. I use Knorr canned pear nectar, but you can use another brand if you’d prefer.
- Alcohol – I like to use vodka, but this drink also works well with gin or whiskey.
- Garnish – I sliced a pear down the middle and left the stem and added star anise and a cinnamon stick for garnish. You can use a pear wedge instead if you’re trying to keep it simple.
- Ice – The type of ice you use can really make or break your cocktail. I like to use pebble ice in this drink that I make with the Opal ice maker. You could also use a big block of ice, which can be easily made in this inexpensive silicone mold.
- Make it Sparkle. Add club soda to make it a bubbly sparkling drink. You can also add club soda in lieu of the alcohol to make it a non-alcoholic and kid-friendly cocktail.
More Thanksgiving CocktailsPrint
2 oz Apple Cider
2 oz Pear Nectar
2 oz Vodka (or other alcohol)
Pear slice, cinnamon stick, and star anise (for garnish)
Fill a rocks glass with ice.
Add the apple cider, pear nectar, and alcohol. Use a bar spoon to give it a quick stir.
Garnish with a pear slice, cinnamon stick, and star anise.