This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #VivaLaMorena #CollectiveBias
If there’s anything I know about football, it’s the food. In fact, I became a football fan just for the tailgating. True story.
I may not be able to tell you what the heck is going on in the game, but I know exactly how to make the best deep fried, spicy, and cheesy finger foods.
While I would never want to hate on a recipe, I do get tired of seeing the same ol’ buffalo dips and chilis. I like to get a little more creative with my game time recipes.
That’s how these spicy 7 layer stuffed deep fried avocados were born.
I grew up eating traditional seven-layer dip at every church potluck and football game I went to. It’s a popular dish because it is extremely easy to make and very tasty!
I wanted to put my own spin on it. A spin, of course, that would involve the deep fryer.
And, because no game time recipe is complete without a little heat, I thought I would spice up the seven layer dip. I utilized a little trick I learned years ago in college…
Add LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo to your refried beans! This is such a simple “trick”, but it really adds a lot to the beans and is perfect for these avocados.
Because this is a football recipe, we need even more heat. Right? Right.
Let’s revamp the sour cream with some LA MORENA® sliced jalapeños.
LA MORENA® produces my FAVORITE canned jalapeños. They’re super authentic and packed with so much flavor.
After you’ve made the spicy beans and jalapeños sour cream, it’s time to assemble the avocado. The trick is to put just a little of each layer in the avocado so everything will fit.
Spicy 7 Layer Dip Stuffed Fried Avocados RecipePrint
- 4 Avocados
- 1 Cup Flour
- 3 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Cups Panko
- Oil, for frying (I use Canola)
- 1 15.5 oz Can LA MORENA® Refried Beans
- 1 7 oz Can LA MORENA® Adobo Chilis
- 1 8 oz Container Sour Cream
- 1 7 oz Can LA MORENA® Sliced Jalapeños
- 1 Cup Guacamole
- Pico De Gallo
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Sliced Black Olives
- Slice avocados in half. Remove pits. Peel skin. Carefully scoop out some of the inside to make room for all the layers.
- Place flour, milk and eggs, and Panko in separate bowls.
- Dip each avocado half in the flour, egg, then Panko.
- Fry the avocado halves, a few at a time, in a deep fryer or a cast iron skillet. Turn as necessary. Fry a few minutes, until golden brown.
- Place avocados on a paper towel lined plate to drain grease.
- To make the spicy refried beans, first chop the adobo chilis. Next, empty your refried beans onto a plate. Mash & combine together with a fork.
- To make the jalapeño sour cream, first dice the sliced jalapeños. Add them and a little of the oil from the can to your sour cream. Stir until combined.
- To assemble the avocado, place each layer inside in this order: beans, sour cream, guacamole, shredded cheese, pico de gallo, black olives, then green onions.
- These are best warm, so serve immediately.
- Calories: 496