- 3–4 cups of flour (depending on humidity and temperature you may need more)
- 1 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- The night before you want your bread to be baked, mix together the flour, salt, yeast, and water. Let sit for 12-24 hours. (It will be sticky but will double in size and will form air bubbles on the top).
- Once air bubbles form, punch dough down and let rise for another hour.
- While your dough is rising for the second time, pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees. 30 min before you plan on putting your dough in the oven, place your dutch oven in the heated oven.
- Once your dough has risen, take out the dutch oven, put your ball of dough in the dutch oven, cover and place back in the oven for 25 min.
- After 25 min, remove the lid of the dutch oven and bake the bread for another 5-15 min or until the top of your bread is browned.
- Remove from oven, cool for a few minutes, cut into slices and slather on the butter!