Just like Oprah, I LOVE BREAD!
…But I’ll be honest, when I was researching new bread recipes, I was quite skeptical by some. Bread that only needs 4 ingredients and you don’t have to knead it? I mean, what?!
This post contains affiliate links (when you buy we make a little money at no cost to you). See our disclosure for more information.
I’m so used to busting out our KitchenAid mixer with its dough hook attachment that, it just seemed too good to be true.
- a bowl
- a wooden spoon
- a dutch oven
And that is IT!
- 3–4 cups of flour (depending on humidity and temperature you may need more)
- 1 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- The night before you want your bread to be baked, mix together the flour, salt, yeast, and water. Let sit for 12-24 hours. (It will be sticky but will double in size and will form air bubbles on the top).
- Once air bubbles form, punch dough down and let rise for another hour.
- While your dough is rising for the second time, pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees. 30 min before you plan on putting your dough in the oven, place your dutch oven in the heated oven.
- Once your dough has risen, take out the dutch oven, put your ball of dough in the dutch oven, cover and place back in the oven for 25 min.
- After 25 min, remove the lid of the dutch oven and bake the bread for another 5-15 min or until the top of your bread is browned.
- Remove from oven, cool for a few minutes, cut into slices and slather on the butter!
- Calories: 32