- 5lbs Honeycrisp Apples (you can use another variety, but this one has the most wonderful flavor)
- 1/4 Cup Apple Juice
- 1/4 Cup Cane Sugar
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 16 oz Canned Pumpkin
- 2 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Vanilla Bean, split lengthwise
- 2 Tsp Lemon Juice
- Dice the Honeycrisp apples and place them in your crock pot along with the apple juice, cane sugar, and cinnamon. Cook on low for 8 hours, stirring occasionally. When finished, you can move onto the next step, or store the sauce in the refrigerator until you are ready.
- Puree the applesauce mixture in a bender or food processor.
- Add the sauce back to the crock pot. Add the pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla bean, and lemon juice. Stir to combine. Cook on low for 4-6 hours, stirring occasionally. The butter is ready when it has been reduced by about 25% and is a darker color.
- Store in airtight jar in the fridge. It is good for 4-6 weeks.