This dessert recipe makes classic Chocolate Chip Cookies more exciting by cooking in them in a waffle maker. The Chocolate Chip Waffle Cookies actually look like waffles!
I first saw these Waffle Cookies where almost all great ideas begin in 2015: Pinterest. Everyone knows that waffles and cookies are two of the greatest foods on the planet, so combined I can only assume that their culinary powers must be immeasurable.
These cookies have a little crunch on the outside, but are soft and chewy on the inside. Make sure you have a glass of milk around to enjoy along with them.
Chocolate Chip Waffle Cookies RecipePrint
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 large egg white, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups milk, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted, plus more for brushing the iron
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup mini-chocolate chips
- Put the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Combine.
- Separate the 2 eggs and put all the whites in another large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, milk, vanilla, and 1/4 cup melted butter. Add this liquid mixture to the flour mixture and stir together until it forms a batter.
- Whisk the egg whites until they just begin to hold a loose peak. Scatter the sugar over the whites and continue beating until they hold a soft peak. Fold a third of the egg whites into the batter to lighten the base, then add in the remainder. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Heat your waffle iron(I used this one) until it is about medium heat. Brush the inside with butter. Drop batter in by the tablespoonful at least 1 in. apart. Bake for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully remove to wire racks and allow to cool completely before enjoying.