- 1 Pre-made Pie Crust (I usually get an organic wheat crust from the store’s freezer)
- 3 Duck Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Crème Fraîche (you can sub heavy cream)
- 1/2 Cup Whole Milk
- 5 oz Gruyere, shredded
- 1 Package of Bacon
- 1 Shallot, diced
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp White Pepper
- 2–4 Slices of Prosciutto
- Preheat oven to 425° .
- Cook the bacon until crisp. Leave the grease in the pan. Drain bacon on paper towels and chop when cool.
- Heat the grease up over medium heat. Add the diced shallot and cook for 2-5 minutes until translucent.
- Mix the bacon and shallots together and evenly fill the bottom of the pie crust.
- In a large bowl, mix together the duck eggs, crème fraîche, whole milk, salt, and pepper. Once combined, mix in the shredded gruyere.
- Gently pour the mixture over the bacon and shallots. Spread evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted and removed. Cut and serve immediately.
- To prepare the prosciutto, cut it into long, thin pieces. Heat up a pan over medium high heat. Place the prosciutto in the pan and cook for a few minutes, flipping occasionally. Remove and place on a paper towel until ready to top the quiche.