This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #VivaLaMorena #CollectiveBias
If there’s anything I know about football, it’s the food. In fact, I became a football fan just for the tailgating. True story.
I may not be able to tell you what the heck is going on in the game, but I know exactly how to make the best deep fried, spicy, and cheesy finger foods.
While I would never want to hate on a recipe, I do get tired of seeing the same ol’ buffalo dips and chilis. I like to get a little more creative with my game time recipes.
That’s how these spicy 7 layer stuffed deep fried avocados were born.
Before we get to the recipe for this deep fried deliciousness, I want to let you know about this really cool football sweepstakes LA MORENA® is having. Enter and maybe your next football party will feature a brand new 60″ TV!
I grew up eating traditional seven layer dip at every church potluck and football game I went to. It’s a popular dish because it is extremely easy to make and very tasty!
I wanted to put my own spin on it. A spin, of course, that would involve the deep fryer.
And, because no game time recipe is complete without a little heat, I thought I would spice up the seven layer dip. I utilized a little trick I learned years ago in college…
Add LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo to your refried beans! This is such a simple “trick”, but it really adds a lot to the beans and is perfect for these avocados.
Because this is a football recipe, we need even more heat. Right? Right.
Let’s revamp the sour cream with some LA MORENA® sliced jalapeños.
LA MORENA® produces my FAVORITE canned jalapeños. They’re super authentic and packed with so much flavor.
Where to find these delicious LA MORENA® products? If you’re in SoCal like me, head to your local Vallarta.
At the Vallarta where I shop, they are found on aisle 1.
After you’ve made the spicy beans and jalapeños sour cream, it’s time to assemble the avocado. The trick is to put just a little of each layer in the avocado so everything will fit.
Spicy 7 Layer Dip Stuffed Fried Avocados Recipe
- 4 Avocados
- 1 Cup Flour
- 3 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Cups Panko
- Oil, for frying (I use Canola)
- 1 15.5 oz Can LA MORENA® Refried Beans
- 1 7 oz Can LA MORENA® Adobo Chilis
- 1 8 oz Container Sour Cream
- 1 7 oz Can LA MORENA® Sliced Jalapeños
- 1 Cup Guacamole
- Pico De Gallo
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Sliced Black Olives
- Slice avocados in half. Remove pits. Peel skin. Carefully scoop out some of the inside to make room for all the layers.
- Place flour, milk and eggs, and Panko in separate bowls.
- Dip each avocado half in the flour, egg, then Panko.
- Fry the avocado halves, a few at a time, in a deep fryer or a cast iron skillet. Turn as necessary. Fry a few minutes, until golden brown.
- Place avocados on a paper towel lined plate to drain grease.
- To make the spicy refried beans, first chop the adobo chilis. Next, empty your refried beans onto a plate. Mash & combine together with a fork.
- To make the jalapeño sour cream, first dice the sliced jalapeños. Add them and a little of the oil from the can to your sour cream. Stir until combined.
- To assemble the avocado, place each layer inside in this order: beans, sour cream, guacamole, shredded cheese, pico de gallo, black olives, then green onions.
- These are best warm, so serve immediately.
Don’t forget to enter the LA MORENA® sweepstakes! That 60″ TV could be all yours!