This copycat recipe shows you how to make your own Starbucks Iced Matcha Latte at home with just three ingredients.
I love this drink sooooooo matcha.
Okay, that’s it for the matcha puns. I promise!
I’m a simple gal when it comes to my caffeine drinks and generally not a lover of crazy coffee drinks or over the top Starbucks creations.
However, I fell in love with this drink many years ago when I worked for a production company here in Los Angeles. I’ve never been able to shake my love for it.
These days I make it at home several times per week.
It’s super easy to make and all you need is milk (whichever kind you prefer), matcha powder, and vanilla syrup.
I personally prefer the caffeine buzz I get from matcha versus coffee. No jitters and I’m more focused. Some people even use it as a dietary aide because it suppresses your appetite.
To mix the green tea latte, I like to use my handheld milk frother. It is hands done one of my favorite kitchen tools that cost less than $10. I also used it to make my Lucky Charms Cereal Milk Latte.
If you don’t have one, mixing with a regular ol’ spoon works great.
Update: I’m adding a few tips and techniques that can help you make your Matcha lump free!
How To Make Matcha Without Lumps
- Sift your matcha powder with a food sifter
- Whisk dry powder in your cup before adding any liquid
- Use a matcha whisk
- Use an Electric Whisk/Milk Frother
- Whisk matcha powder with a little bit of warm or hot water to dissolve before adding any more liquid
If you like this Iced Matcha Latte, please check out my Matcha Espresso Fusion recipe.
Copycat Starbucks Iced Matcha Latte Recipe
- Place milk, matcha powder, and vanilla syrup together in a cup.
- Mix well with a regular spoon or a milk frother.
- Once well combined, add ice.