- 1 Cup Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Large Egg
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2lb Leftover Turkey
- 1/2lb Leftover Ham
- 4 slices Drunken Goat Cheese (Swiss or Munster would work great too)
- 4 Slices of Texas Toast (I just used the kind from the frozen food section)
- Canola Oil
- Cranberry Sauce
- Add flour, sugar, salt and baking soda to a medium bowl. Mix together well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg and milk.
- Add the egg and milk mixture to the dry ingredients. Mix together until there are no lumps.
- Assemble the sandwich. Use the texas toast for the bread. Place a slice of cheese on the bottom piece, then layer the ham and turkey, top with another slice of cheese and the top piece of texas toast.
- Place a toothpick in each corner of the bread.
- Dip in the batter.
- Fry in a deep fryer, or in a cast iron skillet with canola oil. Fry only a few minutes, until golden brown.
- Slice down the middle, serve with leftover cranberry sauce, and enjoy!