Slow Carb Breakfast Sandwich
- 2 Tablespoons Butter or Ghee, divided
- 1/4 lb Raw Breakfast Sausage (you can use my recipe below or go with store-bought)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup of Water
- Pico De Gallo
Homemade Pork Sausage Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon Ghee
- 1 Small Onion, minced
- 1 Green Apple, peeled & minced
- 1 lb Ground Pork
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Sage, chopped
- 1 tsp Ground Fennel or Fennel Seed
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add ghee. When shimmering, add the onions and sauté until translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Add the apple and cook until soft, another 4-5 minutes. Allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the pork, apple, onion, sage, fennel, salt and pepper.
- Form into 4 sausage patties, using one of your biscuit cutters to achieve the correct size.
- Heat the skillet over medium heat again. Add a tablespoon of ghee. When shimmering, add the sausage patty. Cook the sausage fully, about 2-3 minutes each side. Set aside.
- Take two small bowls and crack an egg in each. Pierce the yolks with your fork and give it one little stir.
- Grease each biscuit cutter with a little bit of ghee.
- Heat a pan (make sure you have a lid) over medium high heat. Add the remaining tablespoon of ghee. When it is shimmering, place the biscuit cutters in the pan. Pour one egg in to each mold. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the 1/4 cup of water to the skillet around the biscuit cutters. Turn the heat down to low and cover the pan. Cook for 3 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked through. Move to a paper towel lined plate.
- Assemble your Slow Carb Breakfast Sandwich by placing a sausage on one egg, adding the guacamole and pico de gallo, then placing the other egg on top.