- About 5lbs of Sweet Potatoes
- 3 Tablespoons of Kosher Salt
- 1 Banana (ripe to overly ripe is best)
- 8 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1/4 Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Rinse the potatoes. Poke several holes in each with a fork. Keeping the peel on, rub each down with salt then individually wrap in aluminum foil.
- Once your oven is preheated, place potatoes on the bottom rack and cook until very tender (about 60-90 minutes). When potatoes are so tender that a paring knife immediately slices through them, take them out of the oven. Set aside.
- Place about a 1/2″ slit in your banana’s peel. Place on the bottom rack of the oven and bake until the peel is black, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and scoop fresh into a small bowl.
- Increase oven temperature to 500°. Take a 9×9 or 13×9 baking dish. Place inside the oven and allow to heat up for 5-10 minutes.
- Now unwrap your sweet potatoes and slice them in half. Scoop the flesh out into a bowl.
- Remove baking dish from oven. Add butter and let melt. Then add the cream, cinnamon stick, brown sugar, banana, and sweet potatoes. Use a potato masher, then stir to combine.
- Place in oven and bake 5-10 minutes until desired temperature is reached. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Serve immediately.