Red Wine Ice Cream
- 1 bottle of red wine (I used Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup half & half
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 vanilla bean
Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- 2 tsp Powdered Sugar
Spiced Red Wine Syrup
- 1 bottle red wine (I used Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup sugar, or to taste
- 1 tsp peppercorns, bruised
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 lb Marcona Almonds
- 1.5 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2.5 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp Dried Lavender
- 1/4 tsp Salt
Red Wine Ice Cream Recipe
- Follow the instructions here
Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream Recipe
- Place a metal mixing bowl in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes prior to making the whipped cream. If using a whipped cream dispenser, place that in the fridge as well.
- Slice open the vanilla bean and scrape the caviar from the inside. Set aside.
- When cold, remove the bowl from the refrigerator add the vanilla bean, cream, and powdered sugar. If using a whipped cream dispenser, whisk together until just combined then pour in the canister. Follow whipped cream dispenser instructions. Otherwise, whisk with an electric mixer for 2-3 minutes on high, until whipped cream is stiff.
Spiced Red Wine Syrup Recipe
- In a large skillet, combine all the ingredients over medium-high heat. Leave uncovered and cook the wine down into a syrup. This took about 15 minutes for me. When it is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon, it is ready. Place in a glass jar. When cool, store in the fridge.
Lavender Almonds Recipe
- Using a mortal and pestle, ground the dried lavender into a fine powder.
- Preheat oven to 300°. Place almonds in a single layer on a baking. Roast for 15 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Toss the almonds with the olive oil, salt, sugar, and ground lavender. Store in an airtight container.
Red Wine Ice Cream Sundae Recipe
- To assemble the sundae, scoop some of the red wine ice cream into a wine glass or bowl. Add the whipped cream, drizzle with spiced red wine syrup, and top with lavender almonds. Enjoy!
- Calories: 400
Find it online: https://cookingwithjanica.com/red-wine-ice-cream-sundae-recipe/