Red Velvet Cake Ingredients
- Box Mix
- Required Box Mix Ingredients (usually 3 eggs + vegetable oil)
Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Ingredients
- 4 Cups Whole Milk
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1.5 Teaspoons Red Velvet Emulsion
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
Cream Cheese Whipped Cream
- 1/4 Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 4 oz Cream Cheese (room temperature)
- Make the Red Velvet Cake Mix according to box instructions.
- Place whole milk in a pot over medium-high heat. Add the sugar and stir until dissolved. Add the semi-sweet chocolate chips and stir until melted.
- Add red velvet emulsion and vanilla. Stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Use a hand mixer or stand mixer to cream the sugar and heavy whipping cream together for 3-5 minutes, until soft peaks form.
- Add the cream cheese and mix until combined.
- To assemble hot chocolate, use a biscuit cutter to cut out a piece of red velvet cake. Place in a glass, then pour the hot chocolate over the top. Next either pipe or dollop the cream cheese whipped cream on top. Sprinkle on some crumbled red velvet cake. Serve immediately.