This decadent Raspberry Chocolate Brownie Trifle recipe features homemade ganache and whipped cream with Ghirardelli brownies and fresh raspberries. A perfect recipe for Valentine’s Day or another time you want to treat yo ‘self.
Janette made this amazing Raspberry Chocolate Brownie Trifle for a holiday night we were having.
I’m not always the biggest chocolate fan, even so, about 5 seconds after this hit lips it became one of my all-time favorite desserts!
The recipe is a little involved, you have to make Ganache and whipped cream (unless you cheat and buy store bought), but trust me, it is worth it!
Raspberry Chocolate Brownie Trifle RecipePrint
- 1 cup Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 9 Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Raspberry Filled Squares
- 6 ounces heavy cream
- 4 ounces Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
For the Garnish:
- 2 cups freshly whipped cream or Cool Whip
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Microwave Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips and butter in a large bowl microwave-safe bowl at medium (50%)power. Stir every 30 seconds until chocolate and butter are melted and smooth.
- Add sugar, eggs, vanilla, and salt to the chocolate mixture and whisk to combine. Gradually add in flour; stir until just combined.
- Spread half the brownie batter into prepared pan. Evenly place the Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Raspberry Filled Squares and cover with remaining batter. Spread batter evenly over the Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Raspberry Squares and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove pan to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once brownies are completely cooled, remove them from the pan and use a small glass or round biscuit cutter to cut the brownies into 8-9 circular shapes. Once you have 8-9 brownie circles, slice each brownie in half horizontally, directly through the centers of the brownies, so each brownie is now two thinner circular brownies.
- When ready to serve, make the ganache. Place Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips in a medium bowl. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring cream to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Pour hot cream over Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips and let stand for 3-5 minutes. Whisk ganache until smooth. Alllow ganache to cool at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before assembling the trifles.
- To assemble the trifles: Place a brownie at the bottom of each trifle dish or small glass. Evenly pipe or spoon a layer of ganache onto each brownie. Add a layer of whipped cream and then a layer of fresh raspberries. Repeats layers. Serve immediately.