3 lbs Red Potatoes
1 Stick Butter
3/4 Cup Water
3 Cloves Garlic
1 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Pepper
3/4 Cup Milk
3/4 Cup Sour Cream
8 pieces of bacon, cooked and chopped
Add more salt to taste (I usually add 1-2 tsp more)
1.5 Cups Shredded Cheese + 1/2 Cup for topping (I use a cheddar/Colby jack mix)
6 Green Onions, chopped
- Wash your potatoes then cut them into quarters.
- Add the cut potatoes, butter, water, garlic, salt, and pepper to the Instant Pot.
- Seal the lid and set to cook for 6 minutes on high pressure. (Make sure your knob is set to “sealing”)
- When the potatoes are done cooking, switch the steam to vent.
- Once that is complete, open the pot and add the milk and sour cream. Mash with a potato masher or use a handheld mixer.
- Add in the half the green onions, half the bacon and 1.5 cups of cheese. Use a spatula or spoon to combine well. (Add more salt & pepper to taste, if needed)
- Place in a baking dish (I use an 8×8) top with the additional cheese, bacon and green onions. Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes.
- Serve & enjoy immediately.
- Calories: 518