Goat Cheese Tomato Soup
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 28 oz Can of San Marzano Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 3 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 4 oz Goat Cheese
Grilled Cheese Bowl
- Round Bread (I used Baby Boule)
- 3–4 American Cheese Slices
- Heat olive oil over medium-low heat in a large pot. Add diced onion and heat about 5 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook 1-2 more minutes.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, chicken stock, salt, and pepper. Stir. Turn the heat up a little and cook 15-20 minutes.
- Using a food processor or blender, blend the soup on low or by pulsing until smooth. You may have to work with the soup in batches to accomplish this.
- Transfer soup back to the pot. Add heavy cream and goat cheese. Reheat over the medium low heat until you reach the desired temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Cut the top of the bread off. Using a small knife, carefully cut around the inside of the bread and scoop at the inside. Save this for later, as we will be making a tiny, adorable grilled cheese with it.
- Butter the inside of the bread and place the slices of cheese around the inside of the bread bowl.
- Bake 5-10 minutes in the preheated oven, until cheese has melted.
- While the bread is baking, cut the innards of the bread that we scooped out in half. Butter both sides, put cheese in the middle, then cook in a skillet over medium heat until both sides are brown and cheese is melted.
- Remove bread bowl from the oven, fill with the goat cheese tomato soup, and enjoy!