- Begin melting butter in cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Season both sides of your chicken with Poultry Magic and a little salt (if desired).
- When the butter has melted, place the chicken in the skillet. Do not move after you place it down (this could mess up the crust we want to form). Cover with a lid.
- Cook three to four minutes, then flip the chicken over. Cook another 3-4 minutes. Check temperature (I use an instant-read thermometer) and continue cooking, flipping every few minutes, until the chicken is 165° in the thickest part.
- Remove from cast iron skillet and allow the chicken to rest 5-10 minutes, then serve.