- 2 pounds unsalted peanuts in shell
- 30 garlic cloves (I know this sounds like a lot, but trust me, it’s necessary for the peanuts to be infused with the garlic flavor)
- 1 large brown onion
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 12 oz bottles lager beer (I chose Rolling Rock)
- Peel all garlic cloves and cut the onion into wedges.
- Put all two pounds of shelled peanuts into your crock-pot with garlic, onions, and salt (The crock-pot will be filled to the rim! But don’t worry, as the peanuts cook down a bit, more room will be made).
- Pour both bottles of beer over the mix and then pour in water so that the peanuts are covered with liquid (keep an eye on the peanuts. Add water throughout the process if necessary. I also stirred my peanuts every once in a while).
- Cook the peanuts on low for 12-24 hours (I cooked mine closer to 24 hours just to make sure they were nice and soft. The longer they hang out in the brine, the more flavorful they become as well. I think the peanuts are served best warm, but you can also snack on these guys cold throughout multiple days).