Cheddar Green Onion Waffle (makes 4-5 whole waffles)
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- ½ cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 large eggs
Breakfast Sandwich (per sandwich)
- 3 slices of cooked bacon
- 1 fried egg
- 3 slices avocado
- Start by making the waffles. While your waffle iron is preheating, mix the dry waffle ingredients together.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs, butter, and buttermilk together.
- Combine wet & dry ingredients.
- Add bacon, onions, and cheese.
- When waffle iron is ready, coat with non-stick spray and pour the batter in. (I used about 1/4 cup per waffle.)
- When waffle is golden brown, remove and separate into quarters.
- On a waffle quarter, stack the bacon, then egg, next avocado, then top with another waffle quarter.
- Feel free to break the egg before your first bite to get that yummy yolk everywhere.
- Calories: 535