- 2 Russet Potatoes
- 3–4 oz Mozzarella, sliced or shredded
- 4 Slices of Bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 Cup Iceberg Lettuce, shredded
- 3/4 Cup Tomatoes, diced
- Wash your potatoes thoroughly.
- Using a mandolin slicer with a fluted blade, slice your potato, then turn it 90 degrees and slice it again. This is how the waffle cut is achieved. Repeat until you have sliced your potatoes. You can set the cut potato slices in a bowl of water to keep them from oxidizing until you are ready to fry.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat an inch or two of oil to 320 degrees. In batches, fry the potatoes for 4-5 minutes. Drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Increase oil temperature to 375 degrees. Fry the fries in batches, just 2 minutes this time. We are giving them their golden brown color and making them crispy. Drain on a paper towel lined plate again.
- Place the waffle fries in a small baking dish or stone. (For easy serving & clean up, use a disposable pie plate). Cover evenly with the mozzarella cheese and place in the oven. Broil just until the cheese has melted and is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and top with bacon, tomatoes, and lettuce. Drizzle with ranch. Serve immediately.