Just like Oprah, I LOVE BREAD!
…But I’ll be honest, when I was researching new bread recipes, I was quite skeptical by some. Bread that only needs 4 ingredients and you don’t have to knead it? I mean, what?!
I’m so used to busting out our KitchenAid mixer with it’s dough hook attachment that, it just seemed too good to be true.
- a bowl
- a wooden spoon
- a dutch oven
And that is IT!
- 3-4 cups of flour (depending on humidity and temperature you may need more)
- 1¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp active dry yeast
- 1½ cups warm water
- The night before you want your bread to be baked, mix together the flour, salt, yeast, and water. Let sit for 12-24 hours. (It will be sticky but will double in size and will form air bubbles on the top).
- Once air bubbles form, punch dough down and let rise for another hour.
- While your dough is rising for the second time, pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees. 30 min before you plan on putting your dough in the oven, place your dutch oven in the heated oven.
- Once your dough has risen, take out the dutch oven, put your ball of dough in the dutch oven, cover and place back in the oven for 25 min.
- After 25 min, remove the lid of the dutch oven and bake the bread for another 5-15 min or until the top of your bread is browned.
- Remove from oven, cool for a few minutes, cut into slices and slather on the butter!