I eat a few pounds of chicken every week, so I am no stranger to some well cooked poultry. I usually eat breasts, but I wanted to switch it up and treat myself to a few thighs.I’m so happy that I did because this recipe for pan fried chicken thighs has landed itself in my top 5 favorite chicken recipes!
The cream sauce is decadent in consistency. It’s flavored perfectly with garlic, bacon, green onion and a little citrus twang from the lemon. When I was finished eating I was truly said I didn’t have more chicken to use as a vehicle for sauce. If I had been alone I may have eaten a spoonful or two by itself. It was that good!
Pan Fried Chicken Thighs with Lemon Cream Sauce Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 5
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 6 strips bacon, cooked & chopped
- 4 thin lemon slices
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, both on top of the skin and under.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. (Is used my cast-iron skillet.) Once the oil has heated up, place chicken thighs in skin side down. Cook for about 5-7 minutes on high-medium heat, covered. When the skin is very brown, they are ready. Remove from skillet.
- Add minced garlic and a small amount of chicken stock to the pan. Cook for one minute,
- Add the remaining chicken stock (1 cup). Add half the chopped bacon.
- Place chicken on top of bacon in the pan. Arrange the lemon slices around chicken thighs.
- Cook, simmering, covered, for about 20 minutes, until chicken is done and is no longer pink in the center.
- After chicken is cooked, remove it from the skillet. Remove lemon slices from the skillet – it’s very important that you remove them now, do not leave them in for the sauce otherwise it will be too sour. Add 2/3 cup heavy cream to the skillet. Bring to boil and mix everything well, scraping from the bottom. Immediately reduce to simmer, add chicken thighs back to the skillet and reheat.
- To serve, spoon some of the sauce over the chicken thighs, and sprinkle with remaining chopped bacon and chopped green onions.