Are you ready for some healthy recipes?? I hope so because they are here whether you like it or not! After a marathon of holiday face-stuffing, I really need to fuel my body with protein and greens.
Until I feel less like the Stay Puft marshmallow man, I’m going to be cutting sugar and carbs from my diet 6 days per week. Since I am a “foodie”, I can’t just eat dry chicken breast and steamed broccoli. I need delicious food that I will actually look forward to. So all this month, I am planning on giving you guys healthy recipes that are fit for a foodie!
We’ll begin with this low carb double bacon burger. The two pieces of grass-fed beef will fill you up, the savory bacon will satisfy your cravings, and the fried egg will keep it all nice and moist while adding a little extra protein. I serve it on a bed of spinach to help get my greens in. Now that’s my kind of healthy lunch!
Here’s to a fulfilling 2016 and to losing weight while eating bacon!
Low Carb Paleo Bacon Burger Recipe
- 1lb Bacon
- 1.5lbs Lean Ground Beef
- 1 tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- ⅛ tsp Ground Cayenne (optional)
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 3 Eggs
- Cook bacon in a cast iron skillet over medium heat until crispy.
- Remove bacon from pan, place on a paper towel lined plate to drain. Leave drippings in pan.
- Combine ground beef and seasonings in a bowl. Do not over mix, as it could make the meat tough. Form into six patties.
- Cook the patties over medium heat about 4 minutes per side. When done, stack on top of a bed of spinach, with bacon in between 2 patties.
- Crack the eggs over the skillet and cook about 3 minutes, until whites are set and yolk is at the desired consistency. Place on top of patties.