Our favorite Christmas ice cream. This recipe features a creamy eggnog ice cream with chunks of homemade Christmas cake batter cookies folded in.
For as long as I can remember, I’ve loved Eggnog ice cream. When I was little, my Grandfather used to take me to the drug store and let me pick out whatever ice cream I wanted. No matter what time of year it was, I always chose Eggnog! Nowadays I fall in line with society and only partake during the holiday season. I combined my Eggnog ice cream recipe with these Christmas Cake Batter Cookies I made just to take it to the next level. Enjoy!
Eggnog Ice Cream With Christmas Cookies RecipePrint
- Prepare the cookies. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Put the heavy cream and sugar in a bowl. Whisk together until the sugar has dissolved. Add the eggnog and nutmeg, whisk together until all ingredients have been combined.
- Add the mixture to your ice cream maker (I usedthis one). Mix until your ice cream has the consistency of soft serve.
- Pour the ice cream in to a large bowl. Cut the cookies in to 1/4″ pieces. Add to the ice cream and gently fold in.
- Pour the ice cream in to the container you’re going to freeze it in. These work really great, but if you’re a poor planner like me and are already in the middle of making this recipe, you can use a Pyrex container (shallow is better than deep), or a bread loaf pan in a real pinch. Cover & freeze for 3-5 hours.