If you’re a regular reader of this blog, you’re going to start noticing very quickly that I am a little obsessed with matcha right now.
Last month, I brought you a simple recipe for a Copycat Starbucks Iced Matcha Latte.
This month, I’m bringing you a copycat recipe for a Starbucks drink that is only available in the Asian market, the Matcha Espresso Fusion.
Layered matcha drinks are all the rage here in LA and on my Instagram feed right now. I’ve fallen in love and have started making my own.
When I saw a photo of Starbuck’s Matcha Espresso Fusion, I knew I had to try it. I was a little intimidated at first, but it is actually super easy to make.
I like to mix the bottom matcha layer with vanilla bean syrup. You could also use a little bit of sugar or another sweetener instead.
For the middle layer, I generally use coconut milk. However, any milk you’d like to use will work.
Now you know how to make your own Starbucks Matcha Espresso Fusion at home! Don’t forget to take a photo and put it on the ‘gram. Let those likes pour in! If you do, please tag us and use #cookingwithjanica. We’d love to see it!
Check out the video below to watch me a Matcha Espresso Fusion drink.
Copycat Starbucks Matcha Espresso Fusion Recipe
- 1 tsp Matcha Powder
- ⅓ Cup Warm Water
- 1 Cup Ice, divided into thirds
- ⅓ Cup Milk
- 1-2 Shots Espresso
- Vanilla Bean Syrup (optional)
- Add Matcha Powder to ⅓ cup warm water. Mix thoroughly with a spoon or milk frother. Add matcha mixture to the bottom of a cup. Add ⅓ cup ice.
- Slowly pour the milk over the top of the ice. Add ⅓ cup ice.
- Slowly pour the espresso over the top of the ice.
- Add vanilla bean syrup or another sweetener of choice.