This recipe for Christmas Cake Batter cookies combines my love of sprinkles, batter, and cookies. It’s hard to lose with that combination! If you want to make the non-Christmas version of these, simply use regular sprinkles in place of red and green ones.
Christmas Cake Batter Cookies Recipe
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1¼ cups french vanilla boxed cake mix
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 and ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup sprinkles
- n a large bowl, sift together flour, cake mix, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream the softened butter and both sugars together on medium speed until smooth. Add the egg and mix on high until combined, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Add the vanilla and beat on high until combined. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix on low-medium speed until just combined. Add the chocolate chips and sprinkles. Mix on low until the add-ins are evenly disbursed.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate dough for at least 2 hours, or up to 3-4 days. This step is mandatory. The dough is fairly sticky, so chilling the dough is required in order to avoid the cookies from spreading too much. If you chill longer than 2 hours, make sure you roll the cookie dough into balls after the 2 hour mark. Place dough balls on a plate, cover tightly, and store in the refrigerator until ready to bake. You may also freeze the balls at this point for up to 3 months. (Then bake as directed adding 1 minute to the bake time without thawing.)
- Once dough has been chilled, preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Scoop rounded balls of the cold dough onto an ungreased baking sheet, use about 1.5 Tablespoons of cookie dough per cookie. Remember to keep dough chilled when working in batches.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes until edges are slightly browned. The centers will still appear very soft, but the cookies will set as they cool.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and transfer to a wire rack.