Cheesy Grilled Buffalo Chicken…mmm….you are truly a gift from the low carb gods.
Janette and I go through about 5lbs of chicken breast per week. We’re always trying to spice it up, while still keeping it low carb and healthy.
I previously posted our go-to weeknight recipe, Easy 3 Ingredient Blackened Chicken, and it was a big hit. I thought you guys might also enjoy our second favorite chicken recipe, this grilled version that is basted with buffalo sauce and stuffed with cheese.
See, eating healthy can be delicious! And it doesn’t have to be complicated either.
To make the Cheesy Grilled Buffalo Chicken, take a breast and butterfly it so you can stuff it with cheese. Make sure not to cut all the way through.
After it is stuffed with cheese, just slather on some of our tangy and spicy buffalo sauce. It is a combination of Frank’s, celery salt, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
I like to make this chicken on the grill. I think it gives the exterior of the chicken the perfect texture while adding just a little flavor. It only takes about 6 minutes per side on medium low.
We usually eat this chicken with some steamed veggies like broccoli, or raw carrot and celery sticks. If your diet allows, feel free to drizzle on a little ranch dressing!
Cheesy Grilled Buffalo Chicken RecipePrint
- Preheat your grill on medium-low.
- Butterfly each chicken breast, making sure not to cut all the way through. Sprinkle the inside with Morton’s Nature’s Seasoning, place the mozzarella cheese, then close the chicken breast. Season the outside with the seasoning as well.
- Melt the butter in the microwave. In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, celery salt, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Brush one side of the chicken with the hot sauce mixture.
- Place chicken hot sauce side down on the grill. Grill for 5-7 minutes, then flip and grill the other side until addition 5-7 minutes. Chicken is done when it reached 165 degrees in the thickest part.
- Serve immediately.